Saturday, July 11, 2009

5 Mile Training Part 2

I was in the Phoenix park zoo today for a birthday party for the son of one of my work collegues today.



Saw a beautiful peacock in the zoo.



After the party I decided that I should check out the venue for the route for the upcoming marathon. Unfortunately I could not locate the website where I saw the route map. I only remembered the start point and I created my own 5 mile route.

Fortunately I had my garmin tools. Again runkeeper failed to initialize, so i have no data from that application.

The vital stats looked good, with a top speed of 3min 39 second per km which i think is roughly 2.4 times slower than Useng Bolt's 100m top speed.
I managed to complete the run in under 44 mins which I think is not bad. The rains helped to keep me cooled down and the heart must have been glad too, for it behaved well and kept the top pumping rate at 171 beats per minute. Wonder how much more the old steam engine can go.

This is the actual course of the upcoming marathon and I was not far off though.

So the tally now stands at 34km since the blog began.

No comments:

Post a Comment